Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just how dodge are 'Cycling Shorts' (spandex)

So this morning the topic of what can be worn when cycling came up ... now I'm new to this as I really wanna take up cycling more as an getting out and enjoyment aspect than become some hardcore cyclist who buys every accessory in the store (like those heart rate monitors combined with GPS meters measuring your height above sea level etc) ... the exercise benefits are also worthwhile ...

So anyhow I was discussing with my gf the fact that I really did like the late 80s/early 90s style of women wearing cycling shorts (in just about any situation) ... and that she should get a pair for herself for when we go cycling ... anyhow she suggested that if I wanna see her in a pair I too must wear a pair ... so of course my initial thought was ... well why ?

So after a quick google for 'why do cyclists wear spandex shorts', I came across a number of rather strange but interesting links (it seems there are far more men who ponder this question than I previously would have believed) ... anyhow of these links some showed some interest to me ... in particular Cycling Shorts - A Primer and Special Clothes for Riding (more of a rant about cyclist expectations) ... of the few sites I found detailing men's concerns with wearing spandex it would appear that many men seem rather concerned about showing off their 'package' whilst many women appear to be more concerned with having to see 'the package' ...



What I find interesting is that when a woman wears things like this and exposes her 'package' guys go frigging wild at the appearance of 'camel toe' (as can be evidenced by the most likely situation whereby my number of visitors will skyrocket based purely on the appearance of this picture and the applicable label assigned to this post ...

So ...

while [ Spandex == Worn]
do ManlyBits == Happy
done

This exists in men's minds because of the huge amount of value they potentially can acquire out of these shorts being worn by woman who have the unfortunate (well unfortunate for those who dont see it) reality that they are exposing a rather interesting part of their anatomy to the entire world ... I spose now I get a far better understanding of why so many guys go to gym ... its to be on the lookout for ample amounts of this interesting phenomenon in the wild ... suddenly cycling is sounding like its gonna be more fun than what I originally envisioned ;)

Damn babe ... I am soooo amped to go cycling now ;)

Now thinking about this from a womans persepctive and the chances are she will get the most unfortunate discovery of the latter version of this in the male form ... what I like to call 'boerboel snout' (I have included an example image to the left) ... this being the more unusual phenomenon whereby she is presented with a bulge that resembles the snout of a boerboel with its 2 sagging baggy lips swishing from side to side ... and depending on his levels of control he may even have a little bit of drool dripping from the end (dont ask how the ears fit in - some people maybe have wings ??) ...

This ladies and gentlemen ... is not a pretty sight ...

However ... this is apparently not the case ... in fact according to most sites the chamois protective area in the shorts means that all that should be apparent is a bulge ... now I dont know about u but my first impression is that I dont really wanna be walking around flashing my nibbly bits for the entire world to see ... but then again if this chamois ends up making me look like I could compete with good old John Holmes then by all means Im for it ...

Anyhow ... I figure Ill go out and buy a pair (even just to see the gf in a pair too) and will (depending on confidence factor) post a few pics of what it does for my lower anatomy ... still tho I think I will be wearing some baggy shorts over this when I go cycling ... for the protection of myself (from embarrassment) and the protection of others (shit wot if I poke someone's eye out man) ...

Spandex - helping fat people to look .... well fat ... since 1959 !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spandex is like Communism. Good idea, but then real people started using it. Things got real ugly from there.